If there is one thing about Lilah Rose’s music, it has history, roots, and meaning. Her abstract style has really manifested into something beautiful with her newest album that was recently released on August 19th! Enjoy hearing all about the ups and downs of her creative process along with her songs “Young Together” and “Be Somebody” by pressing play above these show notes.
“Be Somebody” Music Video
The Show Note Cheatsheet for Lilah’s Creative Process
3 Word Combo
Notes on her intro song “Young Together”
- Captures her childhood memories with a friend that unfortunately passed away.
“Melancholy bliss of growing up.”
- The writing process went smooth because Lilah tries not to force herself to write.
- She waits for moments when she can write naturally and honestly.
- These moments are spread out and sporadic but may come in waves.
“Its weird because I cant write all the time, its very intentional.”
- Some of her songs are weird and poetic because of this “intentional” style.
Lilah’s Relationship With Music
- Starts with her Dad and his red Gibson guitar.
- Started recording her ideas in college when she got a laptop.
- Now she has restored her dad’s Gibson and uses it to write and perform.
Breakdown Song “Be Somebody”
- The idea came to her on a hot lazy day when she decided to write emails to booking agents for gigs.
- The song is all about being the best version of yourself even when you are going through tough times.
“Taking on heavy moments and filling them with love and feeling them with love.”
- Melody and lyrics came at the same time.
Links to Lilah Rose
TAP To Music is here for YOU and thrives because of YOU!
Creating quality music is no easy task. Thats why I release these episodes every week, to make sure you don’t give up on creating music. But thats not the only way I want to help. I am just a phone call, tweet, Facebook message, email, or Skype call away from your next creative endeavor.
Here is how we can make this show great:
- Know someone who might be a great fit for the show? Please fill out our guest form to submit a talented friend to be the inspirator.
- Want a shout out on the show? Please rate and review on iTunes. Let me know you did so by taking a screenshot of your review before you submit and send it to me. In your message, you can tell me what you are working on and i’ll promote it when I give you a shout out for your review. You can also upload files for me to interact with.
Help me help you. Ive made it easy.
- Have an idea for how the show can be better? I have created a swift and organized Collaboration Cue for you to submit your feedback in a fashion that best helps me. This saves both of our time!
- Share the gift of inspiration by sharing your favorite episode with a friend.
- Have an idea for the ponder series? Submit your ideas.
- Have an answer of a ponder series episode? Submit your answers.
PHONE: *Request by email*
SKYPE ID: nicktapstomusic
Want to support the show and it’s social media efforts?
Want to be the Inspirator on TAP To Music?
Submit all music to the guest form.
I listen to everything and consider all submissions.