If you are listening to this interview with Cody Webb on a podcast app, CLICK HERE for the show notes cheat sheet!
“More Than A Little” Lyric Video by Cody Webb
Say hello to Cody Webb, our first country artist to come on TAP To Music Podcast!
It may sound easy to be a country artist. Long days of fishing by the lake, hunting, dating, and dancing but writing songs about this “simple life” is no easy task. Cody Webb, a country artist residing in Nashville Tennessee knows first hand what it takes to write a hit country song. In 2015, Cody performed in 58 cities at 100+ venues, alone. Keeping things “simple but profound” might just be the key to Cody’s continued success.
Show Note Cheat Sheet from audio interview with Cody Webb above:
Cody’s 3 word description of his music:
“Energy, lyrics, and guitar.”
Intro Song “My, My, My, Girl”:
- Four different songwriters collaborated on this song.
- They ended up having 5 versions of the song before they found the right arrangement.
- His wife gave him the idea for the song title.
Twitter Poll for listeners:
— TAP To Music (@taptomusic) September 8, 2016
Cody’s relationship with music:
Started early because…
- His dad was in a band.
- His mom was a music minister at a church.
“I was in the studio before I was born.”
Cody likes lyrics from the song “Those I’ve Loved” by Eric Church.
“I remember waitin’ by the curb with Mr. Murphy
When daddy picked me up from school his eyes were red
We drove to the hospital in a hurry
Where my family gathered round my Grandpa’s bed
He was my best friend
He taught me how to fish
And I cried listenin to my daddy pray
For one of those I’ve loved along the way.”
Notes on co-writing:
“Its like fishing man, sometimes you catch a bunch and sometimes you don’t so just wake up and do it the next day.”
- Come prepared with ideas to bring to the table.
- Help the people you are writing with feel comfortable.
“A good sign of a hit is when you come up with something you feel you’ve already heard.”
- “More Than A Little” was written on Trey Matthew’s (a co-writer’s) porch.
- They first found the melody and created a rough draft of the song in a couple of hours.
- They lived with the song for about three months and then met back up and re wrote most of the lyrics but kept the melody.
Links to Cody Webb:
TAP To Music is here for YOU and thrives because of YOU!
Creating quality music is no easy task. Thats why I release these episodes every week, to make sure you don’t give up on creating music. But thats not the only way I want to help. I am just a phone call, tweet, Facebook message, email, or Skype call away from your next creative endeavor.
Here is how we can make this show great:
- Know someone who might be a great fit for the show? Please fill out our guest form to submit a talented friend to be the inspirator.
- Want a shout out on the show? Please rate and review on iTunes. Let me know you did so by taking a screenshot of your review before you submit and send it to me. In your message, you can tell me what you are working on and i’ll promote it when I give you a shout out for your review. You can also upload files for me to interact with.
Help me help you. Ive made it easy.
- Have an idea for how the show can be better? I have created a swift and organized Collaboration Cue for you to submit your feedback in a fashion that best helps me. This saves both of our time!
- Share the gift of inspiration by sharing your favorite episode with a friend.
- Have an idea for the ponder series? Submit your ideas.
- Have an answer of a ponder series episode? Submit your answers.
PHONE: *Request by email*
SKYPE ID: nicktapstomusic
Want to support the show and it’s social media efforts?
Want to be the Inspirator on TAP To Music?
Submit all music to the guest form.
I listen to everything and consider all submissions.