Listening to Angie’s Creative Process with a podcasting app? CLICK HERE for the show notes cheat sheet.
“Country Radio” Music Video:
There is no doubt that country rocker Angie Bruyere has found her lane in her creative process and her music career. She has put in the hard work and time needed to finally break though with her creative career. Along the way, she has identified what works for her and what it takes to work with many influential people in the music industry.
Angie’s Creative Process Notes
Introduction song “The Gift”:
- This song was written during a difficult time in Angie’s life.
- Angie was going through a breakup at the time.
- After her 2nd work shift after a long day just before getting emotional, she grabbed her guitar and wrote this song.
“In struggle and in pain, there’s a beautiful gift.”
Angie’s relationship to music:
“Its a complete love affair like nothing I’ve ever had.”
“Hey girl like I always said, I always prefer your lips red. Not like the good lord made but what he intended.” – Roger Waters
- “I struggle when it’s not authentic.”
- She does not like to plan writing sessions.
“Its easy to write a song in struggle.”
- Angie enjoys a glass of whine on her porch when she writes.
Other influences on Angie’s creative process:
“You want to be authentic? Make it your lifestyle.”
- She moved to Topanga, California.
- Built a bar.
- Built a stage.
- Built a studio.
- She invites the most creative people around to surround themselves with positivity and creativity.
- Angie really enjoys writing in the desert to help her think.
- This strategy helps her feel small to gain a greater perspective.
Instrument of choice:
- Acoustic guitar.
- Works with fender.
“The guitar puts me at peace.”
Breakdown song “You”:
- The idea stemmed from a challenge to prove someone wrong about what it’s like to work with “girl singers”.
- “You” turned into one of Angie’s favorite songs that she has ever written.
- The melody and music came first and then the lyrics came.
Links to Angie and The Deserters:
TAP To Music is here for YOU and thrives because of YOU!
Creating quality music is no easy task. Thats why I release these episodes every week, to make sure you don’t give up on creating music. But thats not the only way I want to help. I am just a phone call, tweet, Facebook message, email, or Skype call away from your next creative endeavor.
Here is how we can make this show great:
- Know someone who might be a great fit for the show? Please fill out our guest form to submit a talented friend to be the inspirator.
- Want a shout out on the show? Please rate and review on iTunes. Let me know you did so by taking a screenshot of your review before you submit and send it to me. In your message, you can tell me what you are working on and i’ll promote it when I give you a shout out for your review. You can also upload files for me to interact with.
Help me help you. Ive made it easy.
- Have an idea for how the show can be better? I have created a swift and organized Collaboration Cue for you to submit your feedback in a fashion that best helps me. This saves both of our time!
- Share the gift of inspiration by sharing your favorite episode with a friend.
- Have an idea for the ponder series? Submit your ideas.
- Have an answer of a ponder series episode? Submit your answers.
PHONE: *Request by email*
SKYPE ID: nicktapstomusic
Want to support the show and it’s social media efforts?
Want to be the Inspirator on TAP To Music?
Submit all music to the guest form.
I listen to everything and consider all submissions.