Show Notes Cheat Sheet
Jonathan Cavier’s Three Word Description
“Atmospheric Acoustic Pop”
Introduction Song “Phoenix”
- This song is all about “rising from the ashes of a relationship”.
- Jonathan worked very hard to portray his vision for the song topic as well as display his band’s live performance image.
Johnathan’s Process Then vs. Now
- Not much has changed in the way he creates music but a lot has happened since then.
- Jonathan has started recording in different studio locations including Capitol Records.
- Since Jonathan has started recording here, he has challenged himself to write three songs every month.
“Its a fun process but it is a lot of work.”
- Although Jonathan is writing new material every month, he still enjoys to salvage old MIDI performances and pair them with new fresh ideas to finish songs that were started long ago.
Jonathan Cavier’s Latest Inspiration
- Instead of making up characters and situations for song topics, Jonathan Cavier has been inspired to write a “thank you” song dedicated to all the people who has helped him achieve success.
- He also finds himself interested in the concept of intention and manifesting something you focus on. He is excited to try and write a song to embody this topic.
“Blue Room” Title Track Creative Process
- While flipping through an art magazine, Jonathan stumbled upon a Picaso painting called “Blue Room”.
- Jonathan was moved by the painting and decided to make a story behind what he saw.
- He even added elements in the painting that did not exist to help build his story.
- The story he thought of consisted of a prostitute that is sitting in the room in the painting wondering what life would be like if she stopped her line of work.
- Jonathan has been working on this song for 10 years now and has finally created a version and a music video that brings this story to life.
- The melody came first when he wrote it on piano.
“When You Come Around” Breakdown Song
- This song is more of a love story but focuses on a tricky element of being in a relationship.
- Sometimes one person’s feelings in a relationship might progress faster than the other’s. This causes a disconnect in a relationship. This is what “When You Come Around” is about.
- When coming up with this scenario topic for the song, Jonathan liked to put himself in the shoes of the characters and experience the emotions they might feel in that situation.
Links to Jonathan Cavier
Didn’t Catch the First Interview with Jonathan?
TAP To Music is here for YOU and thrives because of YOU!
Creating quality music is no easy task. Thats why I release these episodes every week, to make sure you don’t give up on creating music. But thats not the only way I want to help. I am just a phone call, tweet, Facebook message, email, or Skype call away from your next creative endeavor.
Here is how we can make this show great:
- Know someone who might be a great fit for the show? Please fill out our guest form to submit a talented friend to be the inspirator.
- Want a shout out on the show? Please rate and review on iTunes. Let me know you did so by taking a screenshot of your review before you submit and send it to me. In your message, you can tell me what you are working on and i’ll promote it when I give you a shout out for your review. You can also upload files for me to interact with.
Help me help you. Ive made it easy.
- Have an idea for how the show can be better? I have created a swift and organized Collaboration Cue for you to submit your feedback in a fashion that best helps me. This saves both of our time!
- Share the gift of inspiration by sharing your favorite episode with a friend.
- Have an idea for the ponder series? Submit your ideas.
- Have an answer of a ponder series episode? Submit your answers.
PHONE: *Request by email*
SKYPE ID: nicktapstomusic
Want to support the show and it’s social media efforts?
Want to be the Inspirator on TAP To Music?
Submit all music to the guest form.
I listen to everything and consider all submissions.