Listening with a podcasting app? CLICK HERE for the full show notes for this episode!
Choosing quality over quantity has ruled the day again!
Thank you for your patience and for allowing me the extra time to ponder on the subject of technical listening. I am very excited to share the ideas that I have come up with based off of past experiences from guests on the show and from my own creative experience. Here is the cheat sheet for this episode of the ponder series:
Technical Listening Definition:
A way of analyzing your inspirator’s (influence’s) music to allow you to identify emotional and physical similarities in their playing or singing style to help improve your musical abilities.
Purpose of Technical Listening:
- Self improvement
Different Purposes for Listening to Music:
- To confirm a feeling you might be having at a given time.
- To make you feel nostalgic about a certain time period.
- To help make you feel a desired emotion.
- To get people to dance together or with themselves.
- To encourage exercise by listening to motivational or upbeat music.
- To help form a sense of identity.
- To create a culture or a feeling of belonging.
- To improve understanding of what is possible in music creation.
- Helps find similarities in your own musical abilities through comparison.
- To become inspired.
Origin of Inspiration:
All pre and post production was done by Host Nick Johnson.
Want to see the creative process behind these episodes? Follow Nick Johnson on Snapchat.
TAP To Music is here for YOU and thrives because of YOU!
Creating quality music is no easy task. Thats why I release these episodes every week, to make sure you don’t give up on creating music. But thats not the only way I want to help. I am just a phone call, tweet, Facebook message, email, or Skype call away from your next creative endeavor.
Here is how we can make this show great:
- Know someone who might be a great fit for the show? Please fill out our guest form to submit a talented friend to be the inspirator.
- Have you thought of a question for a future episode of the ponder series? Submit it here.
- What are you jamming to lately? I would love to share playlists on Spotify! Send me an email containing your Spotify information at: email@example.com and i’ll follow your account. This way I know what kind of music to try and get on the show.
- Want a shout out on the show? Please rate and review on iTunes. Let me know you did so by taking a screenshot of your review before you submit and send it to me. In your message, you can tell me what you are working on and i’ll promote it when I give you a shout out for your review. You can also upload files for me to interact with.
Help me help you. Ive made it easy.
- Are you a musician that is having trouble finding a collaborative outlet? Maybe I can help move your song from point A to point B. Click here to collaborate with host Nick Johnson.
- Have an idea for how the show can be better? I have created a swift and organized Collaboration Cue for you to submit your feedback in a fashion that best helps me. This saves both of our time!
- Share the gift of inspiration by sharing your favorite episode with a friend.
PHONE: *Request by email*
SKYPE ID: nicktapstomusic
Want to support the show and it’s social media efforts?
Want to be the Inspirator on TAP To Music?
Submit all music to the guest form.
I listen to everything and consider all submissions.